Re: Copy database

From: "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Krzysztof Szadkowski" <kszadkow(at)eldip(dot)lodz(dot)pl>, pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy database
Date: 2006-01-30 03:31:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

pg_dump -h sourcehost -U sourceuser sourcedatabase | psql -h desthost -U
destuser destdatabase

you may have to add a parameter for the password depending on your pg_hba.conf
settings. Both databases need to be network enabled and have a pg_hba.conf
entry for the machine you're running this command on.

--
UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC 1618 Kelly St
Phone: +1 707 568 3056 Santa Rosa, CA 95401