Re: help

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help
Date: 2006-01-29 08:39:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Paolo Ditto <paolo_ditto(at)libero(dot)it> schrieb:

> Hi.
> I would want do a php script to access my postgres database from
> remote host. I would like to know how I can do. Particularly, I would

1. you database must listen on TCP/IP and
2. the remote host needs privileges to connect to the DB
Read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html
3. with php, you connect to the db:
$db = pg_connect("host=server dbname=database user=db_user");
$result = pg_exec($db, $sql);

There are any other functions like pg_numrows($result),
pg_fetch_array($result, $i) and so on. Read the PHP-Doku.

> to know the default directory where my database is located so that to
> be able to call it with my php script.

Oh no, wrong. Access to the db with the php-functions, not directly in
the data directorys.

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknow)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°