Re: Postgres-JDBC question

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Sean" <sean(dot)conlon(at)4expertsolutions(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Postgres-JDBC question
Date: 2006-01-28 03:13:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:31 am, Sean wrote:
> and can connect my app and the db when using localhost, but when I try to
> connect via an ip address, it blows up telling me that the connection was
> refused. I have set the postmaster to listen for TCP/IP connections, but
> still does not work. Any suggestions?

In postgresql.conf, the default config is to listen only on localhost IP
address (probably listen_addresses will be set to default value and commented
out). Change it so that is reads:

listen_addresses = '*'

and re-start the DB.

As Mark mentioned, you may also want to review your pg_hba.conf file.

Regards, Philip.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.