Re: Apache, Php and postgresql on windows

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Abhishek Goyal <abhishek(dot)goyal(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apache, Php and postgresql on windows
Date: 2006-01-22 20:29:46
Lists: pgsql-php

--- Abhishek Goyal <abhishek(dot)goyal(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have installed apache, php and postgresql on my
> system. Now i am calling
> pg_connect() function. If i run the php script
> through command line
> everything is working fine. But when i run the same
> script through apache 2,
> it gives me an error
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()
>
> It seems in apache, php isn't able to access
> php_pgsql.dll, Where as in
> command line execution it is able to.
>
> What can be a possible fix for this.
>
> -Abhishek

These questions can be tough b/c we don't know exactly
what you did during the install.

did you enable php_pgsql.dll in apache's config file
(httpd.conf)?

yuou may want to google the error message. i had a
problem with php and apache b/c i installed it as cgi
and i had to change a setting to get it to work -
which wasn't, at least at the time, in the
instructions.

i created and posted some pretty current and complete
apache, php and postgresql winxp install instruction
here...

http://www.geocities.com/operationsengineer1/

i know it worked on at least one machine... ;-)

good luck.