psqlodbc compilation and deployment on windows

From: "shriganesh shintre" <shri_31(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "shri_31" <shri_31(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Subject: psqlodbc compilation and deployment on windows
Date: 2006-01-20 13:36:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

1) I want to compile psql-odbc on windows. I am doing it through MinCW
But when I run ./configure I get following error
error: no suitable ODBC driver manager found.
I also tried to download iODBC for windows but I could not get anything. Could you please help me or give me some pointers about how to proceed.

2) Now if i could compile psql-odbc on windows to get the driver binaries then how can i install that driver on machine (without msi installer)? .
Which registry entries i am suppose to do? Also what other suff is needed?

3) I want to configure system DSN entry programmatically. I tried to use odbcconf.exe but somehow it does not work for me. Could you please suggest me some way to configure DSN entry for PostgreSQL odbc driver programmatically

Thanks
Shri