Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum

From: Michael Stone <mstone+postgres(at)mathom(dot)us>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum
Date: 2006-01-17 12:08:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:33:02AM +0100, Michael Riess wrote:
>did you read my post? In the first part I explained why I don't want to
>increase the FSM that much.

Since you didn't quantify it, that wasn't much of a data point. (IOW,
you'd generally have to be seriously resource constrained before the FSM
would be a significant source of memory consumption--in which case more
RAM would probably be a much better solution than screwing with
autovacuum.)

Mike Stone