Re: source documentation tool doxygen

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, thomas(at)tada(dot)se, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net
Subject: Re: source documentation tool doxygen
Date: 2006-01-16 23:04:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:51:15AM +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> I haven't looked at it yet, but might there not be a way to have a
> preprocessing step where the current comment format is converted to
> something doxygen-friendly? pg_indent2doxygen or something? Then the
> current comment style could be maintained and doxygen could get what
> it likes.

It's not about getting in all the comments, it's mostly about comments
describing functions / makros / typedefs / structures / global variables
and the like.

Comments in function bodies will just stay I guess.

However we could try to find some de facto rules about comments to get most
of the matches: For example a comment starting on column 0 of the line is
probably one you're looking for vs. one that has some whitespace at the
beginning is not.

Of course this would still need manual review for every file.

Joachim

--
Joachim Wieland joe(at)mcknight(dot)de
C/ Usandizaga 12 1°B ICQ: 37225940