Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers"

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers"
Date: 2006-01-16 19:56:46
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> (BTW, have we yet got things fixed so that all the addresses that appear
>>> as "From:" for committers actually work to forward mail to the
>>> respective person? Last I checked it seemed not to work for me or
>>> Bruce, but that was awhile ago.)
>
>> You've lost me on this one ... from how I'm reading it above, that sounds
>> like a mail reader issue, but I could definitely be mis-reading ...
>
> What I meant is that, for example, Bruce's commits show up as
> From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian)
> which is not his real email address. Some of these addresses actually
> work, ie, forward to that committer, but I don't think they all do.
> [ tries it... ] A test mail to tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org, which is the way
> my commits show up, hasn't come back after several minutes...

Nope, it got added to your 1500+ other message sitting in your
@postgresql.org mailbox :) Your oldest being Jun 4th, 2003 :)

You might want to go in and create a forward on that account ..
http://webmail.postgresql.org, login tgl, pass should be teh same as your
shell passwd, but if it doesn't work, I can reset that ... go under
Mail->Filters and set a Forward onto the account to wherever you wish ...

----