Re: Log: TextAsLongVarchar=0 don't work

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: valter mollar <valter(dot)mollar(at)sipalinformatica(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Log: TextAsLongVarchar=0 don't work
Date: 2006-01-11 16:52:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Just to thank you for the great solution you give me.
> I finally could solve the problem regarding TextAsLongVarchar!

Not at all. I thank you for cooperation.

> If I execute a select statement using bind variables (the way used by
> Centura Team Developer to read data from db) I get an implicit rollback...
>
> If I write:
> UPDATE A SET C=C+1
> SELECT C FROM A into :c
> COMMIT
>
> The value of C is not incremented because there is a implicit rollback
> caused by the select.
> If I don't specified the "into :c" clause every thing works properly, but I
> can't read the value ;-)

The output binding parameters isn't supported by psqlodbc yet.
Another question do you use autocommit on? I create patch for autocommit
off and implicit rollback (maybe after 08.01.0106 dev snapshot - I
don't know - I can take a look on it at home).

Please be patient I'm planning release new development snapshot at the
end of week so you maybe find the fix there.

Please, please, please don't write directly only to me. Post it to
pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list (feel free to cc: to me).

Regards,

Luf