SFPUG meetings, schedule for year

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SFPUG meetings, schedule for year
Date: 2006-01-10 20:00:05
Lists: sfpug

Folks,

Here's our meeting schedule for the year, in pencil:

February 8th, 7pm, San Francisco
March 14th, 7:30pm, Oakland
April 12, 7pm, San Francisco
May 9th, 7:30pm, Oakland
June 14th, 7pm, San Francisco
July meeting preempted by PostgreSQL Anniversary
August: Linux World Expo BOF, some evening Aug 14-16
September 12, 7:30pm, Oakland
October 11, 7pm, San Francisco
November 15, 7:30pm, Oakland

... except that *one* of the above meetings should be a South Bay meeting
instead. I think that will depend on our speaker.

Potential Meeting Topics:
PostGIS: the oft-mentioned talk from Jon
Database security for web applications: Josh Berkus, others?
8.1 vs. 5.0: What have we got that MySQL doesn't? Speakers TBA
PostgreSQL Lightning Talks: everyone

Of course, I'd expect that we'll hear from more commercial companies using
PostgreSQL this year, which will provide us more topics. But, right now,
can we pick some dates for the above? Particularly, can we get PG vs. My
or PostGIS in for the February meeting?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus