Re: FOREIGN KEYs ... I think ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FOREIGN KEYs ... I think ...
Date: 2006-01-06 01:23:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks to everyone for the responses ... ended up doing a trigger on the
comments table that updates another table to maintain a "pointer" to the
active record ... sped up the query that was hampering us from ~26 000ms
to 47ms ... the killer part of the query was that each time it was havin
gto figure out the 'active remark record' doing a 'max(create_time)' ...

----