Re: Library names on Unix

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Library names on Unix
Date: 2006-01-04 14:12:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2006 09:31 schrieb Dave Page:
> Thanks, but './configure --help' won't tell users that,

That is easy to add.

> nor is it
> particularly consistent with other configure scripts which typically
> offer options to specify the location of other code/libraries

As far as consistency goes, this behavior is consistent with other
PostgreSQL-using packages (that I have had a hand in), e.g., libpqxx. While
the dichotomy between options and variables is certainly not comprehensible
to the casual user, I'd hesitate to make up new stuff for the purpose of
spelling things differently. As long as it's documented, it should be OK.