Re: 8.1 removed functions

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: nielsgron(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1 removed functions
Date: 2006-01-01 15:53:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 05:34:47PM -0800, nielsgron(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> With PG 8.0 I was using a query using makeaclitem() and aclcontains()
> to extract permissions. Here is a sample query for database
> permissions ...
[...]
> What is the recommended manner to extract object permissions for 8.1
> now that these functions are not available?

aclcontains is still there but makeaclitem's signature has changed:

8.0.5
test=> \df makeaclitem|aclcontains
List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types
------------+-------------+------------------+------------------------------------------
pg_catalog | aclcontains | boolean | aclitem[], aclitem
pg_catalog | makeaclitem | aclitem | integer, integer, integer, text, boolean
(2 rows)

8.1.1
test=> \df makeaclitem|aclcontains
List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types
pg_catalog | aclcontains | boolean | aclitem[], aclitem
pg_catalog | makeaclitem | aclitem | oid, oid, text, boolean
(2 rows)

For examples look at standard views that use makeaclitem:

SELECT * FROM pg_views WHERE definition ~* 'makeaclitem';

--
Michael Fuhr