Re: EINTR error in SunOS

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EINTR error in SunOS
Date: 2005-12-31 21:50:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:46:02PM -0500, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> Is that by default the EINTR is truned off in NFS? If so, I don't see that
> will be a problem. Sorry for my limited knowledge, is there any
> requirements/benefits that people turn on EINTR?

I wont speak for anyone else, but the reason I set intr on for NFS
mounts is so that if I turn off the file server I don't get unkillable
processes on the client. Messy sure, and maybe there's a better
solution made since but I really don't like processes stuck in D state
(ie kill -9 won't work). Better the program die in some wierd way than
that...

Have a nice day,