Re: Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] migrating oracle table to PostgresQL

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] migrating oracle table to PostgresQL
Date: 2005-12-30 02:35:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:
> I believe this is one of the projects that we have slated for removal, since
> it lives nicely elsewhere. Is it worth me writing up a patch to remove the
> files and update the README to provide pointers to the project site and maybe
> a few other places like the oraclecompat project (and maybe even
> enterprisedb) or does someone with commit want to just go ahead and do it?

We have been waiting for someone to do it for _too_ long. Please feel
free to submit something. I recommend you get the list of changes from
the archinves that we agreed to for /contrib and use that as a guide.

I am still waiting for all valid gborg projects to be moved to pgfoundry.
How many years has that been in the air?

I know people have said they would complete these items, but they have
had sufficient time, and it is time to bring in other people for the job.

Our web site is looking great and is well organized. It is time for us
to do the same for add-on projects.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us