Re: BUG #2122: Inconsistent FK Error Messages

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Wheeler <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2122: Inconsistent FK Error Messages
Date: 2005-12-28 16:44:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I believe the word "table" was suppressed because that message has an ON
clause that the others do not, and perhaps there was concern that the
word "table" would overflow the display line.

However, I think you have a good point that the text should all use
"table" in both places in the string and I have made that change for
8.2. The new message will be:

ERROR: update or delete on table "a" violates foreign key constraint
"b_a_id_fkey" on table "b"

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us