Re: restored database locale problem

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: restored database locale problem
Date: 2005-12-28 16:07:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 15:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> > ERROR: invalid multibyte character for locale
> > HINT: The server's LC_CTYPE locale is probably incompatible with the
> > database encoding.
>
> The HINT seems straightforward enough to me ;-). What do "show
> lc_ctype" and "show server_encoding" say?
>
> regards, tom lane

goole=# show lc_ctype;
lc_ctype
-------------
en_US.UTF-8
(1 row)

goole=# show server_encoding;
server_encoding
UNICODE
(1 row)

goole=#

The documentation I read all related to installing and configuring the server.
This has arisen from reading back into an existing server config a pg_dump
that was taken from the same server.

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn