Re: Detaching database

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Petr <pjsoft(at)volny(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Detaching database
Date: 2005-12-28 09:00:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 01:00:27AM +0100, Petr wrote:
> I'm try to explain my problems. My customer have Postgre server with any
> older version of my DB (without any new or modified views, functions etc.)
> and when i create export (in pgAdmin3), then pg_dump makes a SQL script. Ok.
> It's nice, but when i'm trying to run this script on customer's machine,
> then i have many errors, because any views are not in his database, and
> script trying to drop it. When i'm set to don't make drop functions (in
> export), then i have other errors, with existing views (view allready
> exists).

So you get errors because it tries to drop views that don't exist.
That's OK, just keep going. Those errors don't break anything they just
warn you of something unexpected.

Alternativly you could create a new database from your SQL dump and
then copy the data you actually want to keep...

Have a nice day,