Re: pgsql: Add an officially exported libpq function to encrypt passwords,

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add an officially exported libpq function to encrypt passwords,
Date: 2005-12-23 15:01:16
Lists: pgsql-committers

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2005 02:16 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Add an officially exported libpq function to encrypt passwords, and
> modify the previous \password patch to use it instead of depending
> on a not-officially-exported function. Per discussion.

I was working on a more-or-less identical patch (but didn't find an Internet
connection on the train until just now) but called the function
PQencryptPassword, which seems to be more in line with the other function
names. (We tend to use lower_case_names for internal functions.) What is
the strategy there?