Questions about server.

From: max chin <cjh_0711(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions about server.
Date: 2005-12-21 02:46:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear Mr.,

My name is Chia. I'm a Malaysian student who still persuing my computer course. Now I'm working with a IT company for industry training. I got some questions about server.

1.) What I knew is when too many users access a database at the same time, it will slow down database server process. My question is how to make database server process more faster even if a lot of users access information in database at the same time? What kind of technology is needed to help database server process more faster ?

2.) In my company, database server and web server are store inside a machine.
My question is how to separate database server and web server from one machine to two machine? I mean how those 2 server within one machine will be separated become 1 server within one machine, another server within one another machine.
Can you show me the way or process of implementation?

3.) How to back up automatically database information from host machine to another machine every one hour and everytime update database informations is done?

4.) Sometimes IIS web server is unavailable and the web pages can' t display for clients. Can you tell me the reasons and the methods to overcome the problems?

THANKS YOU. CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I NEED THESE IMPORTANT ANSWER URGENTLY.

I'M APPRECIATED FOR YOUR ABSOLUTELY, HUNDRED PERCENTLY RELIABLE ANSWER AND YOUR GUIDANCE. THANKS AGAIN.

With regard,
Chia JH