Re: Next development steps?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-16 12:51:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > In my opinion, we should look for the possibility of reworking the
> > CC_mapping function (which maps PGresult class to QResultClass) to
> > increase the performance. As Ludek pointed out, we must identify the
> > code to be cleaned up in different parts of the driver.
>
> Yes, I'd was thinking about this whilst driving home last night. It
> seems to me that we should be able to make the PGresult a member of the
> QResultClass, and then just modify the accessors appropriately. Of
> course, it's not quite that simple, but I think it's doable.

Yes, I was thinking about this. And it need some brainstorm ...
When you use declare/fetch there can be more PGresults or
what about type conversion (you can take data number of time) and so on.

But I'm unable to orient in code becouse a lot of them is unusable
(I think PQprepare, PQexec with binding params can reduce the code a lot).

I call for cleaning the code (even at the expense of some feture lost)
at first.

Luf