Practical theory: graphs

From: Quinn Weaver <qw(at)sf(dot)pm(dot)org>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Practical theory: graphs
Date: 2005-12-15 06:47:40
Lists: sfpug

Hi, all,

I'm looking for a practical, lay book on graph theory, especially one
that describes how to represent graphs in RDBMSs.

I fear I am stuck with something by Date, but... Do people have any
other recommendations?

I specifically don't want formal proofs of mathematical properties of
graphs. What I want is something more emic: What can you represent
with x kind of graph? What are its properties? What are the
algorithms for traversing (or otherwise processing it)? In short,
what is it good for?

If anyone can come up with this, I owe them a huge debt of gratitude. :)

Best regards,

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut