Re: create table with table constraints

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Jim Beckstrom <jrbeckstrom(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create table with table constraints
Date: 2005-12-14 06:33:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 07:46:10PM -0800, Jim Beckstrom wrote:
> A sample, please, of the syntax for creating a table with unique
> table constraint. I thought I followed the online manual syntax,
> but only got a parser error pointing to the opening paren following
> "CREATE TABLE".

What part of the manual were you looking at? There are several
examples in the "Constraints" section of the "Data Definition"
chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ddl-constraints.html

If that doesn't help then please show the exact command you ran and
the exact error message; that way we can point out what's wrong and
why it's wrong. It might also be useful to know what version of
PostgreSQL you're running.

--
Michael Fuhr