Re: Moving FAQs to PgFoundry

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving FAQs to PgFoundry
Date: 2005-12-13 02:06:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 15:56 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>>> If we'd move them to a different cvs (be that web or separate project),
>>> I'd expect them to go away from main cvs? Is there any actual point in
>>> keeping them in more than one place?
>>
>> As done in translation project, the main website will pull from the
>> other CVS. Here we need to mail to Bruce to update the FAQs, etc. Now we
>> will be able to commit to another CVS.
>
> The only trick is that release packaging will need to pull from that
> CVS. I think right now Peter pulls the *.po files manually from there
> to the source CVS, right?

Actually, if I know where to pull from, adding that sort of thing to the
build scripts isn't that hard ... in fact, I've suggested this in so far
as pulling in stuff like JDBC into the main tar ball as well, where we
could pull in a specific 'tag branch' when building ... just means that
the JDBC folks, as an example, would have to create a tag that we could
use for that specific purpose ...

----