Re: missing something obvious about intervals?

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: David Rysdam <drysdam(at)ll(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: "pg >> Postgres General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing something obvious about intervals?
Date: 2005-12-12 18:24:09
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Dec 12 08:09, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> On Dec 12 01:00, David Rysdam wrote:
> > I have a table that has a date field and a "real" field that represents
> > a number of seconds. I want select the date field + the seconds field.
> > Just adding it doesn't work. Casting to interval doesn't work.
> > to_date/to_timestamp don't work. How do I do this?
>
> In the "9.9. Date/Time Functions and Operators" chapter of PostgreSQL
> Documentation, here's the first example of the first page:
>
> Operator: +
> Example : date '2001-09-28' + integer '7'
> Result : date '2001-10-05'

Sorry, just after typing send key I realized that I misunderstood your
question. Here is a working one:

test=> SELECT d + (i || ' seconds')::interval FROM t;

Regards.

--
"We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe
that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but