Re: Access violation C5 error on Visual FoxPro SQLEXEC() call after error

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access violation C5 error on Visual FoxPro SQLEXEC() call after error
Date: 2005-12-12 17:37:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > I think I see the problem. I have some solutions in my mind but
> > I have time in the evening at first.
>
> Thank you.
> If you need I can try to create repro for this.

It would be nice. I think I don't need it. But test is test and it's
better to test the solution.
So If you have time for it, I want it :-)

The problem is reproducible this way:
1) bind X params
2) call ExecDirect - it fails (error, e.g. non-existing column)
3) call SQLCancel
4) bind Y params (where Y < X)
5) call ExecDirect - this may return SQL_SUCCESS but it returns
SQL_NEED_DATA right now

I know you're working with FoxPro. This is mainly for other developers.
You can take an idea how to create minimal repro ...

It doesn't care if the test fail with C000005. Mylog has to contain
second ExecDirect which returning SQL_NEED_DATA.

Thanks

Luf