Re: int to inet conversion [or Re: inet to bigint?]

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: Kai <kai(at)xs4all(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: int to inet conversion [or Re: inet to bigint?]
Date: 2005-12-10 09:27:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Dec 08 04:36, Kai wrote:
> After working regularly with inet values in sql, it would be nice to be able
> to do this:
>
> => select '192.168.1.1'::inet + 1 as result;
> result
> -------------
> 192.168.1.2
> (1 row)

You may take a look at ip4r[1] project too. For a full list for its
availabilities (like +/- operators) here[2] is the related SQL file.

[1] http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ip4r/
[2] http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ip4r/ip4r/ip4r.sql.in?rev=1.4&content-type=text/plain

Regards.

--
"We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe
that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but