Re: Where to get the latest source for Linux

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Kathy Lo <kathy(dot)lo(dot)ky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where to get the latest source for Linux
Date: 2005-12-10 06:19:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > > If not, How and Where can I download the latest source code of psql
> > > odbc driver for Linux Redhat 9.0?
> >
> > You can find the latest source code in CVS repository on pgfoundry.org.
> > There is psqlODBC main page on pgfoundry.org. You can find there release
> > versions and development snapshots.
>
> Are the first 2 digit in the version of psqlodbc driver means the
> version of Postgresql that the odbc driver support?

Yes and no :-) First 2 digit is againist confusion. Users asked when
will be released ODBC for PgSQL X.Y. So first 2 digist follows
PgSQL numbering. But psqlODBC keeps a little bit back compatibility.
You can compile psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 8.0 with no problems.

You can also compile psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 8.1 source code
and this compiled psqlODBC you can run againist PgSQL 8.0, 7.4, 7.3 and
maybe older releases of PgSQL.

There are known problems of compiling psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 7.4
and older. There are some unofficial patches to solve this problems.

> I am using Postgresql 8.0.3, which release version of psqlodbc driver
> source code for Linux I should you?

I recommended you to use latest stable release. Source code is located
here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

Regards,

Luf