Re: SQLTables don't stop

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQLTables don't stop
Date: 2005-12-09 02:59:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> *However*, whilst testing I did find an issue with SQLTables that
> seems surprisingly similar to the one you fixed before. It's pretty
> easy to recreate in the Microsoft test suite.

I didn't fix something similar. I don't remember it at least. Could
you be more specific? I only point at Prepare, Execute, Execute or
ExecDirect, ExecDirect problem.

> - Connect to a data source with Declare/Fetch enabled.
> - SQLExecDirect "SELECT * FROM pg_class"
> - Get Data All (from the results menu)
> - SQLTables
> - Get Data All
>
> It never stops retrieving data! Seems that you need to do the
> SQLExecDirect first - SQLExecute doesn't trigger the problem.
> SQLColumns is similarly affected - perhaps there are more as well.

I'm unable reproduce it here. I have CVS source with autocommit_off patch.
It stops when I expect.

I tried it againist ANSI (debug) driver (PgSQL 8.1 Win) with these
- SSL Mode = disable
- default settings except:
- Use Declare/Fetch - checked
- MyLog - checked

> Wanna take a look, or shall I log a bug until one of us gets time?

Please send me your mylog output and driver for testing purposes (maybe
zipped source code too ?).
Feel free to log a bug. Bug tracer is here for this purpose ;-)

Regards,

Luf