Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Date: 2005-12-06 05:21:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 16:58, Dave Page wrote:

One thing to note ... there is nothing stopping this list from developing
and implementing a knowledge base as was originally discussed ... there is
no reason why the "corporate project" that Josh is pulling together has to
be the "Official Project KB" ...

Not saying it shouldn't be, or should ... just that if everyone on this
list is so against it, there is nothing stopping this list from developing
one that is developed by the community, instead of corporate sponsors ...

Basically, if Josh et al wish to develop a KB outside of the community,
there is nothing stopping the community from developing their own within
it *shrug*

----