Re: SQLColAttributes and SQL_DESC_NULLABLE

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Robert Jireš <robert(dot)jires(at)centrum(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQLColAttributes and SQL_DESC_NULLABLE
Date: 2005-12-05 11:10:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> SQLColAttributes. Problem is, that this function allways returns
> SQL_NULLABLE, even for columns declared as NOT NULL. I tried to enable
> "Parse Statements" option of the driver, but it didn't help.

Please, could you add this bug report to pgfoundry?
Feel free to try patch it.

> I downloaded the latest sources, compiled them to see what's going on
> inside and found this:
> It seems that for SQLColAttributes to return something else than
> SQL_NULLABLE, "Parse Statements" option MUST be turned on. Am i right?
> For some reason stmt->manual_result is true, which causes that the
> statement is not parsed. What does this stmt->manual_result mean?

We think manual_result is only way to get result now. This problem
was create during convert to using libpq.

The driver isn't fully cleaned after rewrite to libpq support.
You can contact me directly in czech ;-) as my english is poor.

Luf