Re: Combinatorial problem

From: Srinivas Iyyer <srini_iyyer_bio(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Combinatorial problem
Date: 2005-11-30 13:57:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry for being unclear.

As of now from the whole mess of data, I do not know
which targets are acted unique by a drug.

For instance, Drug m134 is acting only on target T432,
T438,T654.
these targets are affected only by drug m134 and
nothing else.

Similarly, two drugs, m23 and m45 are acting on a
group of targets, T987, T12,T334, T543.

m2,m3 and m5 are acting on T439,3421,T4568,T31
m2,m3 and m8 are acrting on T124, T1334,T446,T98.
m5,m8 and m12 are acting on T088,T898,T329.

Now, I have no idea what combination of drugs are
acting on set of targets.

IS there any way to get set of drugs and set of
targets that happening in the data.

What I mean to ask is, does it need a program such as
Pl/pgsql to solve. I am nervous, because if it has to
be done like that it is going to take long long time
because, I have to learn it first.

Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com