[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000455 ] Autocommit, Cancel and DateStyle

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000455 ] Autocommit, Cancel and DateStyle
Date: 2005-11-30 13:36:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000455, was opened at 2005-11-29 14:29
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000455&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In our application we use autocommit mode.
Right after connection is on, driver issuing BEGIN and several SETs.
We're interesting in: SET DateStyle TO 'ISO'.
After that we're issuing several SELECT statements from application, so transaction is still open.
In parallel application thread we're cancelling one of our SELECTs, after that driver issuing ROLLBACK to the open transaction.
So, we've lost drivers DateStyle. Our default database style is European,SQL. From this point current connection continue working with default style. So, driver couldn't deliver timestamp fields value correctly.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2005-11-30 14:36

Message:
Which version of psqlodbc do you use?
Could you post mylog output?

Comment By: Nobody (None)
Date: 2005-11-29 15:29

Message:
This description is for 08.00 version.
In 08.01 version "cancel" doesn't work correctly, because it doesn't issuing ROLLBACK after cancel exception at all, so I'm getting open transaction with error state.
Also, I want to say, that for "cancel" operation I'm using "Threading=0" in odbcinst.ini. Otherwise "cancel" will wait until statement finish.