Re: joint booths at upcoming tradeshows

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: sichen(at)opensourcestrategies(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: joint booths at upcoming tradeshows
Date: 2005-11-30 01:33:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Si Chen wrote:
> Hi everybody. This is my first posting here, so please excuse my lack
> of knowledge.
>
> I'm one of the core developers of the Open For Business (www.ofbiz.org)
> project and the lead developer for Sequoia ERP (www.sequoiaerp.org),
> which are both true open source ERP applications projects released under
> the non-reciprocal MIT Public License. (OFBiz is a development project
> with an SVN tree, and Sequoia ERP are the stable releases.) Our project
> is database neutral and supports most major databases, including
> PostgreSQL. In fact, quite a few deployments have been done with
> PostgreSQL over time.
>
> One idea I had was to do some joint promotion at upcoming tradeshows. I
> thought it might be possible for us to send someone to the PostgreSQL
> booths with a demo of Sequoia ERP running on PostgreSQL, so people could
> see ecommerce, warehouse, manufacturing, Point Of Sales, order entry,
> and some CRM and accounting applications at work. We could also put
> together some CD's with Sequoia ERP pre-configured for PostgreSQL and
> hand them out at the booths.
>
> We're based in the US ourselves, but there are other community members
> in Europe, Asia, and Australia as well. I could contact the other
> community members and see if they would be available to participate in
> the overseas booths as well.
>
> Is this something that might make sense?

Yes, it is a good idea. In the USA we have booths at the two linuxworld
trade shows, and at the O'Reilly show, and have had other related
projects share booths with us and it has gone well. Outside the USA, we
have booths at Linuxworld UK and Linuxtag. I also have booths at a lot
of the per-country shows. They are all listed on the Events section of
our web site.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us