Re: svr2/unionfs

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: svr2/unionfs
Date: 2005-11-29 16:47:35
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> Hmm, that's a good point. Marc; any idea how long the downtime is likely
> to be? I'm not sure what the best way to redirect the clients will be
> unless we temporarily write a static version of the few hundred or so
> mirror selection pages.

So, why not just create a second wwwmaster, that is templateless ... we'll
call it wwwmaster2.postgresql.org for testing purposes ... then, once we
know its all working, we shutdown the old and restart the new was
wwwmaster?

Is there anything in wwwmaster that would need to be transferred across,
or is it all db (or script) generated?

I can guarantee you it will be down for at least an hour, since once its
brought back up, the system is pretty bare (not even PHP), so we need to
install all the various apps specific to that vServer ...

----