Re: svr2/unionfs

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: svr2/unionfs
Date: 2005-11-28 08:27:25
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Hi Marc,
>>>
>>> How easy would it be to get rid of the unionfs stuff on svr2/borg?
>>> Given that there is only the one VM, can the vserver just be copied
>>> over the template?
>>
>> the ones we've been doing, and what we'll be doing with teh
>> dev vserver tonight, is we copy over a clean, base template
>> (ie. imap, postfix and vanilla apache) and then re-add the
>
> When we're talking svr2 in this case, why would we want to even put imap
> *on* it in the first placae? Or vanilla apache, since we'll need to
> recompile it anyway.
> The less stuff on there, the less stuff to be pathched for security
> stuff. In light of the recent "mishap" on svr2...

We can do that too ... I just have pre-setup skeletons that already match
the format for how svr2 is already setup, so it would potentially be an
easier switch then starting completely from scratch, that's all ...

re: imap ... just disable it in /etc/rc.conf so that it doesn't start up,
that's all ...

----