Reminder: Dev vServer going down Sunday Night

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reminder: Dev vServer going down Sunday Night
Date: 2005-11-26 07:47:15
Lists: pgsql-www

As was previously announced, and postponed, the main dev server will be
going down for several hours on Sunday night in order to do some much
overdue maintenance ... specifically, getting rid of the use of unionfs

Due to the size of that vServer (~13Gig), this is going to take a fair bit
of time to do ...

I will be shutting the vServer down around 20:00 AST.

Nothing will change as far as config files are concerned, or ppls
accounts, or location of files, etc ... the procedure is fairly simple
(although long) ... we create a new, fresh vServer and then copy over top
of that all of the files that are specific to the old ...

The only problem(s) that may arise is that an application that is in use,
that is installed on the old template, won't be installed on the new
vServer ... majordomo stuff, I can easily/quickly test, but, for instance,
I know Peter is running some docs related scripts that will need to be
debugged ...

If someone could post a quick news announce on the web site for this, so
that ppl will know, that would be great ... and I will post a message to
pgsql-announce tomorrow night about it also.

----