[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000435 ] Special characters in table names

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000435 ] Special characters in table names
Date: 2005-11-25 08:57:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000435, was opened at 2005-11-21 06:30
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000435&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm not sure if this is actually a MSSQL 2K or a psqlODBC problem...

Exporting a table named "SEARCHMANAGER#CNLKP" (an auto-generated table name) from MSSQL 2K to PG, using psqlODBC v08.01.01.01, the create table succeeds with a quoted table name, but the data copy fails because the table name isn't quoted to protect the special characters.

Using "log_statement = true" in postgresql.conf, the output is:

2005-11-21 17:17:10 [16940] LOG: statement: CREATE TABLE "SEARCHMANAGER#CNLKP" (
"RECORD_ID" varchar (32) NOT NULL,
-- more fields deleted
)
2005-11-21 17:17:11 [16940] LOG: statement: SELECT 1
2005-11-21 17:17:11 [16940] LOG: statement: select * from SEARCHMANAGER#CNLKP
2005-11-21 17:17:11 [16940] ERROR: syntax error at or near "#" at character 28