unsupported frontend protocol

From: neeraj chaudhari <neerajchaudhari(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unsupported frontend protocol
Date: 2005-11-23 11:58:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello

I have recently installed postgresql-8.0.4 on my
redhat linux 9 machine, the installation was
successfull.
Now whenever i start pgsql, i get the following
message:-

LOG: database was shut down at 2005-11-23 17:12:28 IST
LOG: checkpoint record is at ....
LOG: redo record is at .....
LOG: next transaction id is .....
LOG: database sysatem is ready

Now as soon as my application server is up &
running, iget the following messages at the pgsql
prompt:-

FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol

though it allows me to read, write & update the data
through my application. What would be the problem?

Waiting eagerly for the reply
Thanks in advance

Enjoy this Diwali with Y! India Click here http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html