to create a database...

From: "P(dot)M" <pmdanger(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL General \(EN\)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: to create a database...
Date: 2005-11-20 19:34:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm creating a Visual Basic.net application and i would like to make my application versatile.

For that, it should be able to create the same DB on different RDBMS like PostGreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL.

I would like to know what is the best way to create a DB from scratch... (DB, table, users, functions,...)

- to use a SQL text file
- to create a new function inside template1 db, and to execute it after,
- ...

please, help me.

thanks a lot,
Maileen