Re: Writing Text Files from PostgreSQL

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Writing Text Files from PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-11-16 20:06:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

William Gerber <William(dot)Gerber(at)erg(dot)com> schrieb:

> Hello. I am brand new to PostgreSQL and I need someone to point me in
> the right direction on how to write the results of a function to a text
> file. Is it possible to do this within the PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL

No, this is a trusted language. But you can use untrusted languages such
as plperlu or plsh.

21:05 < akretschmer> ??plperl
21:05 < rtfm_please> For information about plperl
21:05 < rtfm_please> see http://pgfoundry.org/projects/plperlng/
21:05 < rtfm_please> or http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plperl.html

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°