Asking for name/password and connecting

From: Antonio <psql(at)msux(dot)cjb(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Asking for name/password and connecting
Date: 2005-11-15 20:32:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dear Sirs:

I know it must be a silly and common question, but I haven't found the
answer looking in the archives.

Situation:
- I have Access 2000 as front-end (with linked tables), PostgreSQL 8.1
as back-end, using ODBC.
- I need that the user could enter his name and password (instead of
saving it on the system DNS).

Question:
- Do I have to ask the user for the name/password and later relink
programatically all the tables? or is there a better way?

Thank you for your help