script to create DB under VB.net 2005 and ODBC

From: "P(dot)M" <pmdanger(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: script to create DB under VB.net 2005 and ODBC
Date: 2005-11-13 19:53:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I'm able without any trouble to test if postgreSQL
connectionstring is correct via a simple connection
open and close.

However, now i want to write a script (a simple txt
file) that will create from scratch my new DB.

the first command i want to test is "CREATE DATABASE
myDBtest;"

so i use normal odbcConnection and odbcCommand class
under VB.net 2005 for this.

it works perfectly under MS SQL 2000, but not under
PostgreSQL 8.0.4.

I tried to find if my ExecuteNonQuery command is wrong
but everything is ok...

So, i would appreciate some help if someone knows how
to solve this issue.

thanks a lot,
Maileen

http://mail.yahoo.com