Re: connecting to linux server from windows xp

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connecting to linux server from windows xp
Date: 2005-11-13 07:51:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sebastian Scarano <opensas(at)gmail(dot)com> schrieb:
> But I don't know how to connect from the xp guest to the postgresql server
> running on the gentoo host.
>
> Any ideas???

Yes, edit your pg_hba.conf - file. This file contains rules for
client-access. It is self-explanatory by comments.
By default PG don't allow access via network. And, of cource, PG should
listen on the interface, check this in the postgresql.conf, line
'listen_addresses = ...'.

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°