Possible bug renaming roles

From: Antonio <psql(at)msux(dot)cjb(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Possible bug renaming roles
Date: 2005-11-10 10:37:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear Sirs:

I looked in the pgAdmin web page for a place to report bugs, but I
couldn't find it. So I send it to this list. If I'm wrong, please let me
know.

Bug description:
- When you try to rename a role, you get an error. The underlying sql
sentence seems to be wrong. PgAdmin is trying
ALTER GROUP ROLE "AccTotBDProy" RENAME TO "BDProy_AccTot";
and then the user gets the error

Expected results:
- It seems pgAdmin should try
ALTER ROLE "AccTotBDProy" RENAME TO "BDProy_AccTot";
and rename it

I'm available to do whatever tryings are needed.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for it all!