Problem with Chinese characters

From: Mimi Siu <bbnoopys(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with Chinese characters
Date: 2005-11-03 10:03:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi:

I am using psqlodbc-08-00-0102 ODBC driver on my
Windows 2000 machine and want to insert data (with
chinese characters) to the postgresql 8.0.3 running on
RH9.

My database is encoded as UNICODE, and my sql
statement is already converted to UTF-8 before calling
SQLExecute(). But I found that the coding of the
chinese characters is not UTF-8 in the postgresql
database. Also if I insert the record with 10 chinese
characters, the length of the field should be 10, but
now it is 30.

It was previously work when I use the
psqlodbc-07-02-01 driver with postgresql 7.3.

Thanks a lot!

http://farechase.yahoo.com