Re: Copy of a schema

From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy of a schema
Date: 2005-10-27 09:33:28
Lists: pgsql-general

am 27.10.2005, um 11:13:43 +0200 mailte Frederic Massot folgendes:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder whether it is possible to copy a schema with a postgreSQL command
> like "copy_schema schema_src schema_dest" ?

You can rename a schema. And, you can make a dump, then rename it, and
then restore from backup. Or, make a backup, edit this file and restore
it.

Attention: if you have sequences (for instance), you getting problems
because the table-definitions references the wrong schema.

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz: 035242/47212, D1: 0160/7141639