Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Claire McLister <mclister(at)zeesource(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Brent Wood <b(dot)wood(at)niwa(dot)co(dot)nz>, MAPSERVER-USERS(at)LISTS(dot)UMN(dot)EDU, postgis-users(at)postgis(dot)refractions(dot)net, freegis-list(at)intevation(dot)de
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)
Date: 2005-10-27 01:02:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 18:24, Claire McLister wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Brent Wood wrote:
> > There has recently been a thread on the Postgres user list about a web
> > based postgres user/developer map. Claire has built a Google map based
> > system, getting locations from IP addresses.
>
> Just so people know, this map can be found at:
>
> http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=456

I'm going to loop in a few more people here :-), namely the pg web team who
will probably be able to give pointers on site integration. One thing to keep
in mind is that the postgresql website is statically mirrored onto a number
of different servers, so any solution we come up with will ideally allow
itself to that. I believe a google maps system can do this (we can mirror the
javascript code and the location/data file on all mirrors and the google map
will work with it as is), which is why I originally went with that type of
solution.

--
Robert Treat