store images in a database?

From: Galliker Armin <mc_ghc(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: store images in a database?
Date: 2005-10-20 21:14:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

I use pg on my server. Now, I'll store the images I
get from my webcams (tot. 9 pics/sec).

My question, should I use my database to store the
images or should I use the filesystem (and use the db
only for the path)? I heard, db's aren't desiged for
such problems... But there will be about 750'000
*objects* a day. I think that's too much for the
filesystem....

What should I do? (diskspace is not a problem)

Later I'll get the images and stream it to a
*movie*...

Thanks

Armin