Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: J B <jbwellsiv(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker
Date: 2005-10-11 00:32:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> J B wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I was interested in researching a few items regarding bug reports in
>> PostgreSQL, but I can't seem to find what the project uses as a bug
>> tracker. I see the web form and mailing list, but I can't imagine
>> they're not captured in some central repository.
>>
>> Could someone point me in the right direction?
>>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/
>
> Is about as central as you get AFAIK.
>
> Speaking of which, I have a customer running PostgreSQL/Bugzilla right
> now and it works well for them. Is anyone interested is having us set
> this up for the community?

To date, any discussions of setting up a BugTracker have ended with the
developers themselves stating that they wouldn't use it, and have no
interest in it ... so, you'd have to have someone you could assign as
'liason' to handle monitoring -hackers and updating tickets, etc ... :(

This, like GPL vs BSD, comes up about every 3 months or so :)

----